The Gordon Setter Ring was formed to assist those interested in learning more about the breed. By providing a resource to follow to bring people in contact with others involved in Gordon Setters, we hope to make it easier to find Gordon information on the Web. The people represented by this chain of websites may have different ideas about what makes the perfect Gordon or on the ways that one should train, care for, feed, or breed your dog. However, we all share in our love of this noble, black & tan, aristocrat. The ringmaster cannot ensure that you'll find what you're looking for, nor that all the information you may receive is correct. Use the ring as a foundation for your search and, above all, ask questions.
Want to Join the Ring?
Anyone with a site pertaining to Gordon Setters can apply to join the Ring. Sites are welcome from clubs, organizations, reputable breeders, and, particularly, rescue groups. Puppy mills and brokers are not welcome and will not be added to the ring.
To join the Ring, do the following:
1. Click on the "Join" link on the ring navigation bar here:
2. This will take you to the WebRing website where you need to sign up as a member (if you aren't already). There is a 'no cost' membership.
4. Insert the code in your page and upload the changes to your server. You can place them on either your index (home) page or on a content page within your site (make sure it's somewhere that people can see it easily). However, wherever you put it, that is the page url you must use with WebRing. If it's not on your start page, fine. Just provide the url for the other page and then put the url for your start page in your site description (that's what I've done). If you want, you can put it in more than one location. If you previously had our ringsurf code on your site, please delete it as it is no longer functioning.
5. When you've submitted your application, I will view the site to determine suitability for the Ring and will 'Approve' it. You will be automatically notified when I do that. However, this does not put your site in the ring yet since the code needs to be correctly on your page. In fact, you may receive a "suspended" notice from WebRing which automatically checks for the code. Don't worry about that but do read what they send you for instructions and make the appropriate corrections.
6. Email me once you have the code on your page. However, only provide the URL for the page on which you have placed the code as it saves me time checking. Once it has been checked, your site will be "activated" (added to the WebRing). At that point, I'll also add you to the list and locations page here. Since I list sites using the main url, send me your main web address even if you used an internal page with Web Ring. If you want me to put your email in the listing, send that as well (this system no longer gives me access to your email so you must send it to me if you want it on the list).
About Us | The Dogs | Puppies | The Breed | Fun
This web site is created and maintained by Bev Holoboff, SureShot. All material on this and any related pages are copyright 1999-2012 to SureShot unless otherwise noted. Under no circumstances, should the images, written material, or any components of this site be taken or copied without the express written permission of the copyright holder.